- Read the Flute Rental Policy found below.
- Review the availability calendars linked below to verify the flute is available when you need it. Your rental dates will be added once payment is received.
- Click here to fill out the Request and Agreement Form when you are ready to make your request. Email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the request process.
- The Flute Rental Coordinator will work with you to confirm you rental. An online invoice for payment will be sent to your email address. Payment is required in advance to secure your rental. Rental fees paid are non-refundable.
- Bring a separate security deposit check (as outlined in the Agreement Form) with you when you pick up the instrument(s).
For more information, please contact our Flute Rental Coordinator at email@example.com.
- Renter must be a current active member of UMFA in good standing.
- Renter will carefully supervise and, if necessary, instruct anyone else who plays or touches the instrument, ensuring that it remains safe.
- A refundable security deposit of $500 per instrument is required to rent. Renter is liable for any damage to the instrument and will forfeit part or all of the safety deposit if the instrument is damaged or stolen. Renter is responsible for the care of the instrument and is expected to clean the instrument after each use and return it in good condition. Renter is responsible for covering up to $500 of repair costs if the flute is damaged during their rental period. If the cost of repairs is less than the deposit, the remainder of the deposit after repairs will be returned.
- If the renter is under age 18, the renter’s parent/guardian assumes legal responsibility for the care of the instrument. UMFA reserves the right not to rent to parties under 18.
- Renter must pick up and drop off the instrument in person. Instruments may not be shipped.
- Rental limit is four consecutive weeks by one party. Rental week is seven consecutive days.
- For UMFA-hosted events, rental fees will not be charged as long as the person using the instrument is a member of UMFA and uses it only at the UMFA event.
- Flute rental rates are based on daily and weekly rental periods and vary by instrument:
- Alto Flute: $5 per day or $25 per week
- Bass Flute: $10 per day or $50 per week
- Contrabass Flute: $15 per day or $75 per week